GDS is looking for a seasoned and proven Technical Lead. The Technical Lead will serve as the Technical Leader within a Business unit. The Technical Lead provides leadership, direction, guidance and support to Programmers either domestic or off-shore. Fully understands the business unit functions supported and the integration between the business applications. Will also be working on a team with an Account Manager and Business Analyst.
The role includes onsite support, and travel to GDS client facilities with a centralized location in the West Suburban Chicago area. No Visa sponsorship or Visa transfer is available.
Minimum 5-7 years of proven experience within, software integration, ERP, EDI, Inventory Management, Quality Systems or manufacturing systems integration.
A proven track record in successfully completing complex system projects on time and within budget.
Exceptional client relationship skills, including superb written and oral communication skills.
Understanding of the complexity of data driven manufacturing and software development in the following areas..Net, C#, Java, SQL, MySQL, .ASM, .ASP, Mobile application development, Web Services, and cross platform integration. A working Knowledge of PLCs would be a plus.
Proven ability to thrive under tight deadlines while successfully juggling a multitude of project simultaneously.
Understanding of PLCs and how to programmically interface with them.
Must be able to work independently and manage activities to reach stated goals while maintaining detailed records and forecasts.
BS/BA in a relevant field or equivalent work experience required.
An extreme level of energy, highly self-motivated, and a passion for success is required.
Strong references (customer and work)
- Responsible for managing the development of application code that meets the client's business needs.
- Interface with internal associates to identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee the performance of software maintenance and sustaining application production support.
- Manage the coding and testing of program changes.
- Review project requests and recommends program modifications.
- Oversee that all required documentation to meet IT department standards is completed.
- Evaluate requests for new programs or existing program enhancements to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current systems and provide recommendations.
- Identify and define development standard and methodologies for best practices; leads in the compliance of these practices.
- Interface with clients to identify current procedures and clarify program objectives and provide technical support.
- Aid in the support of vendor applications - communicate and assist in maintaining updated versions.
- Identify, recommend and implement new technologies and/or upgrades as they become available.
- Document data specifications and data relationships. Design forms, flowcharts and diagrams as required describing program flow and communication.
- Design, develop, test, implement and support new and existing applications using the selected primary programming language and utilities.
- Create supporting user and technical documentation to describe program specifications, installation, operations, development logic, coding and corrections.
- Design program controls and system manual controls, including business logic, business rules and all other functions relating to the data and business logic tiers.
- Provide necessary support to ensure applications are operational at all times, implement monitoring as needed.
- Prepare test specifications and evaluate test models, use the test network to test program functions and evaluate test results. Debug complex programs.
Salary, plus health and retirement benefits.